Self- care has become a huge trend in society today. More and more people are choosing to meditate, treat themselves to spa services, and do any and everything that makes them feel more relaxed. Life can be messy and unpredictable at times, and self- care activities are the perfect way to get yourself back on track. I know that when my life feels chaotic, it’s usually my body telling me it’s time to slow down and relax.
There are so many options for implementing self- care into your daily routine. I know that some of my favorites are:
- Taking a hot bath with a bath bomb or lavender Epsom salts.
- Applying a clarifying clay mask, like our Revisions Black Mask.
- Drinking a cup of tea before bed.
- Scheduling a monthly massage and facial.
- Repeating words of affirmation to myself on the way to school or work.
- Cooking a nice meal for myself and enjoying a glass of red wine.
- Using a relaxing pillow spray before bed.
These routines are just some of the many ways to enjoy time for yourself. Some other habits I have found and hope to incorporate into my own self- care process are:
- Using essential oils.
- Meditating more often.
- Taking up yoga and daily stretching.
- Calling my family and friends more often.
- Changing the way I make decisions to be more timely and deliberate.
- Unplug for an hour a day.
- Ask for help when I need it.
I know that by implementing all of these self- care routines, I will be on the fast track to being a better version of myself. These simple tips are small habits that will one day build up to a bigger reward: a more relaxed, stress- free me. What are some of your favorite self- care practices? Leave a comment below and let us know!
By McKenna Bowery