If you’ve never tried cosmetic injectables, figuring out where to start—and whether or not it’s worth it to get that up close and personal with a needle—can be overwhelming. But with a little knowledge and the help of an expert cosmetic injector, they’ll quickly become your trusty sidekicks in the quest for a more youthful and refreshed appearance. In this article, we will share a high level overview of the different types of cosmetic injectables and some tips for picking what may be right for you.
Types of Cosmetic Injectables
- What it is: Often referred to as Botox in the same way tissues are referred to as Kleenex, neurotoxin is a purified form of Botulinum Toxin that is injected into specific facial muscles, temporarily blocking nerve signals and relaxing the muscles. In the US, botox is offered under five FDA-approved brands: Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Daxxify, and Jeuveau. Here at Center Medspa, we use Jeuveau!
- What it does: Neurotoxin relaxes muscles and smooths out wrinkles, especially those pesky crow’s feet and frown lines.
- How long it lasts: Neurotoxin typically lasts for three to six months before gradually wearing off
- Good for: People looking to reduce dynamic wrinkles caused by muscle contractions. It’s often used by individuals in their late 20s and beyond.
- What they are: Fillers replace what we naturally lose over time as a result of the aging process, like facial volume and fullness. They are commonly used to treat age-related volume loss, wrinkles, jowls, and fine lines. Some dermal fillers are made with hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps maintain skin elasticity and hydration.
- What they do: Fillers add volume to areas like lips, cheeks, and nasolabial folds, reducing lines and wrinkles.
- How long they last: Depending on the chemical makeup of the filler, results can last anywhere from 6 month to 2 years.
- Good for: You may think of overly-altered celebrity faces when you think of fillers, but when used in a subtle way, fillers create a naturally beautiful look that can benefit people in their 30s and onwards who want to maintain plumpness or a more youthful facial contour.
- What they are: Cosmetic injectables typically made of hyaluronic acid or similar substances, injected into the lips to create a fuller and more youthful appearance.
- What they do: Enhance the volume, shape, and definition of the lips.
- How long they last: Depending on the product used, results that can last from several months to over a year.
- Good for: Anyone wanting fuller lips!
- What it is: A relatively new injectable treatment that combines the benefits of nourishing skincare ingredients with additions like neurotoxin, fillers, and even exosomes. This more gentle treatment can create a more natural look and achieve overall facial rejuvenation
- What it does: AquaGold is known for its ability to reduce the appearance of dynamic wrinkles and enhance facial contours, as well as reducing pore size, controlling oil production, and enhancing overall skin quality while maintaining natural facial movement.
- How long it lasts: Effects typically last for about 3-4 months. Maintenance treatments are often needed to sustain the improvements in skin texture and appearance over time.
- Good for: Those looking for natural, all-over skin enhancement. The ideal place to start for younger people looking to begin a preventative anti-aging regimen.
Virtue Exact RF
- What it is: Virtue Exact RF is an advanced cosmetic procedure that utilizes radiofrequency (RF) technology for skin rejuvenation and tightening.
- What it does: Virtue Exact RF stimulates collagen production and tightens the skin by delivering controlled RF energy deep into the tissues, promoting a firmer, more youthful complexion. It can address fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin, leading to improved skin texture and tone.
- How long it lasts: The results of Virtue Exact RF are long-lasting, often lasting up to a year or more, depending on the individual’s skin condition and the treatment area.
- Good for: Virtue Exact RF is ideal for individuals seeking non-surgical solutions to combat signs of aging, such as sagging skin and wrinkles. It’s suitable for those who want to achieve natural-looking results without the need for invasive procedures, making it a great option for facial rejuvenation and skin tightening.
How to Pick a Cosmetic Injectable
Choosing the right cosmetic injectable for your needs requires careful consideration and consultation with experts, like the team at Center Medspa. Factors such as your desired results, the area you want to treat, and your budget will all play a role in determining the best injectable for you.
For example, if you’re looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in the forehead or around the eyes, neurotoxin or Dysport might be the right choice for you. On the other hand, if you’re looking to enhance volume in the cheeks or lips, dermal fillers like Restylane or Juvederm could be more suitable options.
It’s important to discuss your goals and expectations with a licensed injector who can guide you through the different cosmetic injectables available and advise you on the best one for your unique needs. They will consider factors such as the longevity of the results, the invasiveness of the procedure, and the potential for any side effects or risks.
Cosmetic injectables could be the anti-aging weapon you’re looking for
Cosmetic injectables offer a quick and effective way to enhance your natural beauty, smoothing out wrinkles and restoring youthful vitality with minimal downtime—unlocking a more confident and refreshed you in as little as one appointment.
With the advancements in technology and the ever-growing demand for minimally invasive solutions, achieving a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance has become more accessible than ever. So why wait? Schedule a free consultation today.